Jun 11, 2010

Disneyland

When did you first see Disneyland's theme park? Was it when you were younger? Or were you void of any childish passion till now?

I remember the very first time I saw a photos of Disneyland. It was of the the castle lit up at night with firecrackers going off. It was magical. Beyond what I could ever dream of, Disneyland ignited a flame in me like no other. I was enchanted by the visually dynamic photo. Yes, I have a deep passion for Disney and all it encompasses, but the passion ignited in me was for photography. OK, so I'm going to go ahead and get a little cheesy and say that I love how in that one moment in time, a photo can capture something that may never occur again. But you must be honest, it's so true.

Photography has the ability to enhance moods and change concepts and outlooks. It is visually encapsulating, which does something for me that cannot compare to anything else really. I am a visual person therefore, so to give me a still frame of beauty or even 'ugly', I can appreciate it because of the amount of thought that can go into such a photo. Getting it right is so hard. Although in today's pop culture, ugly or odd has become somewhat of a style and so I enjoy such art. However, it's not something that can just be caught. There is timing and effort that must go into the moment. You may take a photo and, yes, it can be a good shot. But when you can action photos from a thought or concept, it changes things. It makes the insignificant significant. And those things that cannot be changed just fade away in its aura.

SO...in the next couple of weeks, expect to see some of my favourite shots taken by some pretty dam good photographers. You will be amazed as I was when I saw them. Take a look at some yourself. I assure you, you won't be disappointed.

-JP

No comments:

Post a Comment